Aunt Myra’s Maple Vinaigrette
This vinaigrette has been part of family gatherings for as long as I can remember. My aunt Myra is a great cook, with a focus on health and well being. This vinaigrette is amazing on sales butalso great on steamed vegetables.
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic, red or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 TBSP or dollop of Dijon mustard
- Slowly drizzle in 4 to 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk in 1 TBSP or dollop of Couching Lion Maple Syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallots, garlic, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt; let the mixture stand 10 minutes. Whisk in the mustard, then add the oil and maple syrup in a very slow, thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is emulsified. Season with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. DO AHEAD: The vinaigrette can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
This is so popular that you may wish to double the recipe and keep it on hand in a jar in the fridge!