Tag Archives: dessert
Late May brings us abundant rhubarb and the season’s first strawberries. My grandmother had a huge patch of rhubarb and when my family sold her house, I brought part of it to my garden. I have many plants that are special to me based on their history in someone else’s garden. The rhubarb ties me to my childhood, and cool spring nights, visiting my grandparents in Huntington.
You can use any crust recipe you like.» Read more about: Maple Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Pie »
This was our New Year’s Eve dessert. There’s really not much to say, but that 2019 was off to a great start!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1” pieces, plus more, room temperature, for pan
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated maple sugar, divided, plus more for pan
- 10 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (61%–72% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.